Tuesday 29 November 2011

Partridge in a Pear Tree Paper Wreath


I prepared for this workshop by cutting the centres out of paper plates and making some 2-piece templates for the partridge.
Students made golden pears by printing with real pears. I was a bit disappointed with the results - I think maybe the knife I used to cut the pears wasn't sharp enough so that the printing surface wasn't smooth. The students didn't mind though! After using the templates and some painted paper to make the partridge, we assembled the wreath, adding in some crepe paper leaves.

1 comment:

  1. These turned out very nicely! As for printing with the pear, I've been told (but have yet to try) that if you cut the fruit, and let it dry for a day or two, you'll get crisper results.

    laurie dyer

    ReplyDelete